Feather Facelift / APTOS-Lifting
Aptos lift is a safe and advanced rejuvenation technique that lasts for 5-7 years.
Feel the difference by Iconic Clinic surgeons. At Iconic Clinic, we use the different methods to lift the skin of the face. First we would like to give history of facelifting and how we select the best technique for feather lift.
70 years ago we used to pull face skin to make face-lifting. In 1901, the facelift was founded by Eugen Holander at Berlin because an old polish noblewoman would like to lift (tighten) her cheek and month. After observing this, the doctor has a revolutionary idea to cut the ear tissue in an oval shape to lift the face and was successful, so face-lifting became more popular in England, Germany and France.
In 1968 Tord Skoog offered new idea “subfacial dissection” to use deeper skin rather than using skin to lift the face. In 1976 there is new technique by Mitz and Peyronie who had practised the Skoog technique to get their own “Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System” or SMAS. Since then, this technique is the standard of Face-Lifting and changed the 50 year old old technique through various improvements.
In 1979 there was a new technique discovered; cutting tissue near the bone which is called “Subperiosteal Dissection”. It helps to lift tissue inside and get better results than previous Face-Lifting techniques. Using soft tissue will make the skin look youthful and tighter.
At the early stage of this period there was a new idea introduced that emphasised the reduction of scarring after surgery. The focus was to use the tissue instead of the skin, and use the facial structure to consider which technique to lift the face with. In the beginning we used Face-Lifting, after that SMAS, then Deep Plane Surgeries, as we always consider the way that we can achieve most beautiful result and also consider the longest period of time that face-lifting can last.
Nowadays we have new technique that doesn’t require surgery; there is no need to cut tissue or skin, and this technique is called Thread Lifting. We use a special material, APTOS, to insert under skin at the fat layers. The material will tighten the tissue under the skin and lift the tissue up. This also creates new tissue which will then make the skin in that area tighten exponentially.
The difference between face-lifting and APTOS is there is no wound and no stitches. It is suitable for people who have wrinkles at early stages of their lives and who don’t want to get surgery, particularly for people around 40-50 years old.
is the thread that has the quality to be used in the medical industry as it is safe and doesn’t produce any allergic reaction on the facial skin due to being of a medical grade. It is particularly more special than other treatments as we can inject the threads, and following this, it will spread out to positively affect the tissues under the skin. It will make the skin be much tighter and toned up.
The AOTOS doesn’t require deep anesthesia, can apply only anesthesia cream and local injection then can inject APTOS into skin. It will make skin tighten which taking around 30 minutes.
1. Can see result immediately.
2. No scar as surgery as we use micro-needle to inject treatment to skin.
3. No need deep anesthesia, using only anestgesia cream and local injection in treated area.
4. No need to recuperate at hospital and can get back to work as normal.
5. After treatment will have less chance to feel pain, but can take painkiller if needed.
6. The risk of infection is very low.
7. The treatment lasts 5-7 years.
8. Rapid healing.
9. In 3-4 months, the skin will tighten as it will create new tissue under skin near the APTOS.
1. The patient can go back to home after treatment but avoid driving by yourself.
2. There may be swelled on treated area but will disappear in 3-4 days.
3. After 1 week come for another examination by doctor and 4 weeks after treatment.
4. Shouldn’t massage or get other treatment after 6 weeks.